Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

In article <7862@pur-ee.UUCP> macintos@ee.ecn.purdue.edu (Thomas E Burns)
writes:

> Does anyone outhere in netland know anything about a group called
> SPK they have a CD out called Gold and Poisen that looks interesting
> but I haven`t heard anything at all about them.
>  ANY info would be much appreciated.

>                             will at Purdue

SPK, or Surgical Penis Klinik, or System Planning Korporation, ect.
are an Australian industrial band that have been around for several
years. Their current music is similar to groups like Cabaret Voltaire.
They use a lot of tape loops, synthesizers, and various noise
generating devices (like power tools). Their earlier music is
extremely industrial and much less accessable. I personally prefer
their older work as the recent stuff quite often suffers from the all
too common disco/synth dance-beat syndrome. Some of their works
include:

  Information Overload Unit
  Liechenschrei (excuse me if I spelled it wrong)
  SePaKu
  Last Attempt at Paradise

They have also put out a number of video tapes, many of which are
autopsy films. Much of their work is based on: modes of death,
weapons, subliminal control, perverse sex, primitive cultures, and
various other topics of an unpopular nature. Their latest album which
you mentioned is quite good.  However, if industrial techno/pop makes
you ill, I can't reccomend SPK.  And even if you enjoy "Gold and
Poison" (I can't remember if thats the correct title), stuff like
"Liechenschrei" is music to dismember small animals to and you may not
like it. It is still some of my favorite industrial noise. Hope I have
sparked your interest.

|      Mark Thompson                                                     |
|      decvax!savax!thompson       Designing high performance graphics   |
|      (603)885-9229               silicon today for a better tomorrow.  |

        Just a side note, I heard one song off of Gold and Poison and I
really enjoyed it a lot.