Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wire

From: Nancy Everson <everson@SPCA.BBN.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 88 18:35:52 EDT
Subject: Wire

Can anybody tell me anything about the band Wire?  I know there was a
bit of discussion about them a year ago, but I wasn't interested in
them then, so I didn't really pay any attention.

I really like the most recent stuff they've been playing on WZBC and
WFNX ("Pieta", I think), and last year's song about the ideal copy
wasn't bad either, and I want to know if their material has been
consistently good over the years, or if their early stuff is either
fantastic or horrible.

Do they have an album that is considered "indispensible"?

I think when The Cure first started, they supported/were compared to
Wire, but I'm not certain, and I can't check at the moment.  Any
comparison (favorable/unfavorable) you can make of Wire's material to
The Cure's material would be appreciated.

Thanks gang!

- Nancy

nancy everson  (everson@bbn.com)
bbn software products corporation, cambridge mass