Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Thomas Dolby news flash!

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 88 16:31:01 EDT
Subject: Thomas Dolby news flash!

TTTTTTTTTT  HH      HH   OOOOOOOO   MM      MM   AAAAAAAA    SSSSSSSS
TTTTTTTTTT  HH      HH  OOOOOOOOOO  MMMM  MMMM  AAAAAAAAAA  SSSSSSSSSS
    TT      HH      HH  OO      OO  MM MMMM MM  AA      AA  SS       S
    TT      HH      HH  OO      OO  MM  MM  MM  AA      AA  SS
    TT      HHHHHHHHHH  OO      OO  MM  MM  MM  AA      AA  SSSSSSSSS
    TT      HHHHHHHHHH  OO      OO  MM      MM  AAAAAAAAAA   SSSSSSSSS
    TT      HH      HH  OO      OO  MM      MM  AAAAAAAAAA          SS
    TT      HH      HH  OO      OO  MM      MM  AA      AA  S       SS
    TT      HH      HH  OOOOOOOOOO  MM      MM  AA      AA  SSSSSSSSSS
    TT      HH      HH   OOOOOOOO   MM      MM  AA      AA   SSSSSSSS

DDDDDDDDD    OOOOOOOO   LL          BBBBBBBBB   YY      YY      !!
DDDDDDDDDD  OOOOOOOOOO  LL          BBBBBBBBBB   YY    YY       !!
DD      DD  OO      OO  LL          BB      BB    YY  YY        !!
DD      DD  OO      OO  LL          BB      BB     YYYY         !!
DD      DD  OO      OO  LL          BBBBBBBBB       YY          !!
DD      DD  OO      OO  LL          BBBBBBBBB       YY          !!
DD      DD  OO      OO  LL          BB      BB      YY          !!
DD      DD  OO      OO  LL          BB      BB      YY          !!
DDDDDDDDDD  OOOOOOOOOO  LLLLLLLLLL  BBBBBBBBBB      YY
DDDDDDDDD    OOOOOOOO   LLLLLLLLLL  BBBBBBBBB       YY          !!

Sorry about that, but I had to tell you all the UNBEFUCKINGLIEVABLY
GOOD NEWS (pardon my english).  The new TD album is out, and it is
available in quality music shoppes everywhere!  I picked it up on CD
not more than 20 minutes ago and haven't even gotten to my CD player
to tell you if it's good or anything like that.  Note that the compact
disc features a "special bonus track" which is nothing more than "May
The Cube Be With You".  The track listing is as follows: The Key To
Her Ferrari, Airhead, Hot Sauce, Pulp Culture, My Brain Is Like A
Sieve, The Ability To Swing, Budapest by Blimp and May The Cube Be
With You.

It is on EMI/Manhattan Records, catalog # E2-7-48075-2.  Buy it now!

The cover art is hilarious - exactly what you'd expect given the
title, and the lyrics look nifty from what I can tell.  Dolby has got
an entirely new band for this outing, and they are billed as "The Lost
Toy People".  Expect an in depth, lengthy, boring beyond belief and
completely subjective review of this new slab o' plastic within the
week.

I am indebted to love-hounds Julian West, MarK T. Ganzer, and Nancy
Everson for providing info about this.  Pick up a copy of the April
issue of Music Technology - it features a big piece on TMDR.

Jon Drukman                        BITNET: jsd@umass
209-C2 McNamara                   ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
University Of Massachusetts           (or) jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
Amherst, MA  01003                  PHONE: 413-546-4262
"She's an airhead, stungun and mace,
 Kharmann Ghia plates say `Lost in Space'"  -- Thomas Dolby