Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

new thomas dolby single

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 88 16:38:47 EDT
Subject: new thomas dolby single

at long last, there is new thomas dolby material available!!!  i just
heard the single, courtesy of master-of-the-import-12" peter e. lee.
it's called "airhead" and is pretty mediocre at first listen.  sounds
funky, a la dolby's cube with silly lyrics.  you can guess the content
from the title.  the rest of the 12" has remixes and a b-side whose
title i forget, but it's something like "bombay by blimp".

the new album is due out any time soon, presumably on virgin usa
records and is called "aliens ate my buick".  buy or die!

Jon Drukman                        BITNET: jsd@umass
209-C2 McNamara                   ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
University Of Massachusetts           (or) jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
Amherst, MA  01003                  PHONE: 413-546-4262
"Great!  So, let's make a record!  Psychedelic but not turned on.
Cellos definitely.  And let me see... got it.  Tuba and washboard."