Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Song Identification Help Requested -- My Wooer

From: gidi@polya.stanford.edu (Gidi Avrahami)
Date: 12 Apr 88 20:41:40 GMT
Subject: Song Identification Help Requested -- My Wooer
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: gidi@polya.stanford.edu

I have a tape, recorded from the radio about 2-3 years ago, which I
want to identify.

It's about 6 minutes long. (A maxi-single?)  A woman with a rather
strong European (French?) accent sings over a cello, some synth and
some piano the following (approximate) words:
	He's my lover
	Just a wooer
	A fiddler
	A sailor
		He's a flicker
		Just a glimmer
		I can't touch
		I can't see
He's a master
Of disaster
My lover
	And as we meet we look away
	And as we kiss we hold and pray...
<Then the cello plays alone for some time and when she returns
she almost speaks, rather then sings...>
	It's like a whole life story on the telly
	Button up here
	Speak louder here
<again and again, singing the last lines more and more, with some echo>

The words should really be taken mainly as sound directions -- I find
it real hard to understand what she's saying.

I think it might be 4AD.

Thank you all for your support.