Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Propaganda and Colourbox

From: Lazlo Nibble <cs2531bn@charon.UNM.EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 88 00:37:56 MST
Subject: Propaganda and Colourbox

> Two bands whose work I enjoy, Propaganda and Colourbox, have released
> (to my knowledge) only one album a piece. Can anyone give me some info as
> to what happened to these bands and their members?

>                                      Mitchell Dickerman

As far as I know, Colourbox is still together and releasing
material...I see unfamiliar stuff in their bin at the record store
every couple of months, and of course Colourbox is 75% of M|A|R|R|S,
who had a major dancefloor hit recently with "Pump Up The Volume."  (I
never thought I'd see that song mentioned in Love-Hounds! :-)

Propaganda's definitely split, though.  Singer Claudia Brucken left
the group shortly after marrying ZTT's Paul Morley and has joined with
musician Thomas Leer to form the group Act.  They have three singles
and an LP out now.  Not sure what happened to Suzanne Freytag or
Micheal Mertens, but Ralf Dorper is probably still playing
bank-manager...that's what he did before Propaganda and never left the
day job even when the group was recording.

There is a new Propaganda remix CD out called "Wishful Thinking", but
I haven't seen it yet.

Obligatory Kate Reference: I got a copy of the Winter 87/88 catalog
from Burning Airlines and they have a neat enamel pin with the "Kite"
design and chinese-style lettering from "The Kick Inside" for only
$1.75.  Also finally saw "She's Having A Baby" and enjoyed it quite a
bit -- "This Woman's Work" even impressed the Anti-Katefans in our
little group.

Lazlo Nibble (cs2531bn@charon.unm.edu)