Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Propaganda and Colourbox

From: Michael Portuesi <mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 88 14:52:56 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Propaganda and Colourbox

Propaganda has released two albums that I know of: "A Secret Wish,"
and a remix album entitled "Wishful Thinking" (which I have heard is
now available on import CD, not sure whether it can obtained
domestically).  Propaganda broke up, and the lead singer (Claudia
Brucken) has formed her own band, "Act".  They have an EP entitled
"Snobbery and Decay", and I saw a CD single (don't remember the name
of the song) from Act when I was in NYC this weekend.  ZTT Records
also has a sampler album, "ZTT Sampled," which contains two Propaganda
songs not on the albums.

The import version of "A Secret Wish" is better than the domestic one
(the mixes of some of the songs are different, layout of tracks is
different) and the CD is absolutely awesome (full digital, and boy can
you tell).

                        --M