Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New _Homeground_ is out

From: IED0DXM@OAC.UCLA.EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 88 17:29 PST
Subject: New _Homeground_ is out

     The 30th issue of _Homeground_(The_International_Kate_Bush_Fanzine)_
arrived today, and it included a nice plug for Love-Hounds. Here
is the entry:

    _North_American_Fans_In_Overdrive!_

        Since we mentioned _Watching_Storms_ and
   _The_Lionhearts_Society_ in _HG_ no. 29, two other fanzines have
   made an appearance (well, almost, anyway). _Still_Breathing_,
   edited by Robyn Somerville as a successor to the late great
   _Breakthrough_, is most definitely out (thanks for the copy,
   Robyn!), and the details are in our usual fanzine list.
   _After_the_Party_, edited by Alan Balliot (of Intergalactic Garage
   fame) we have not yet seen, and cannot yet let you have further
   details of.

        At the same time we must also mention _Love_Hounds_, the
   international computer discussion group. Those of you who speak
   computer will probably be able to decipher the following
   hieroglyphics (<Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>). Having seen wads of
   the stuff _Love-Hounds_ produces, we recommend it to those able to
   join in.

        Aside from this, the latest issue is more or less typical
_Homeground_ fare. It includes the latest in Peter's "Five Years Ago"
series, a few (necessarily) insubstantial "news" updates, quite a few
works of art by fans -- a lot of these quite good, especially the
thoroughly professional though perhaps a little too gooey and
commercial monochrome images of Kate by Debi Bowes -- and several
pages of yucky-soppy poetry and fiction...plus letters, swaps and
personals. Peter also announced plans to publish the complete "Five
Years Ago" entries as a collection (this is basically just a prose
version of the _Kate_Bush_Complete_ chronology, with the occasional
extra fact thrown in) for subscribers only.  And IED has it from
Andrew Marvick that he was not _too_ annoyed to find his article on
bootlegs butchered and abridged to ribbons, with at least one new
factual error and one grammatical error thrown in for good measure.

     _HG_ also sets a new expected release date for _KBVI_: September
1988.

     Based on a somewhat more direct source, IED agrees that the sixth
album will probably come out in September or October. _HG_ says that
_This Woman's Work_ is being "considered" for inclusion in the
forthcoming LP. IED agrees with Doug that this seems unlikely. It's
_certainly_ not desirable, since the song is already available.
Besides, there'll be little enough new Kate Bush music on the album as
it is without bumping one of the new songs to make room for an old
one.

     O.K., that's plenty of aimless rambling for one entry.

-- Andrew Marvick