Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Oldfield

From: Lazlo Nibble <cs2531bn@charon.unm.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 88 22:24:22 MST
Subject: Re: Oldfield

> ... I like Tubular Bells mainly because it is a perfect backdrop for the
> construction of a set of mental images that I like to "watch." ...
> I'm not sure if anyone else does this; it requires a bit of time and
> takes listening to the piece many times to get every detail to fit in
> with the "theme" but I find it worth the work.  The mind is fun to
> play with.
>
> Gary Godfrey - ACT, Reston, VA                  Phone:          (703)471-9433

Me too.  I've been avoiding the video for "Five Miles Out" because I
*know* there's no way in hell it can match the one I came up for it in
my head...:-)

There sure has been a hell of a lot of Oldfield video playing on
MTV/VH-1 lately.  Someone wanna tell me who I have to bribe to get
Kate the same treatment?

ThumpadimpadumpadimpadimpadimpadumpadumpaBOU-BOU   /  the infamous lazlo nibble
duuBOU-BOU...*chk*...*chkachka*...duuBOU-BOU...   /    cs2531bn@charon.unm.edu