Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Misc. questions on 'The Dreaming'

From: adey@istg.dec.com (Ken Adey - DTN 291-8372 - DLB5-3/B3)
Date: 26 Feb 88 23:48:00 GMT
Subject: Misc. questions on 'The Dreaming'
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

These have probably been discussed to death previously but I'm gonna
ask'em anyway (since I'm a relatively new KB fan (and an even newer
subscriber to this conference));

	1. On a couple of songs on side 1 (can't remember exactly
	   which ones), various people are credited with playing
	   'B.V.'s'. What are they?  Dave Gilmour is one of the
	   creditees.

      [	What are "B.V.'s"?  They are backing vocals.  Dave Gilmour
	does backing vocals on "Pull Out the Pin".  -- |>oug ]

	2. Does anyone get the sense that Kate is engaging in 'America
	   bashing' in 'Pull Out the Pin'?

      [	Not so much 'America bashing' as telling the story from a Viet
	Cong point of view...  -- |>oug ]

Ken....

BTW, I think 'The Dreaming' is pure genius!

      [	That it is!  -- |>oug ]