Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Singles

From: Randall Knowles Smith <rs5o+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 88 16:13:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Singles

I realize this is going to be a very subject-to-opinion question, but:
At a store near me, the owner has a boxed collection of Kate Bush
45's.  The box says this is the complete Kate singles collection.  It
has at least 10 45's in it, all in original covers.  My problem: The
guy refuses to put a price on it.  While I am an ardent Kate fan, I
don't have unlimited money.  So, has anyone out there seen such a
collection (The box is a green paisley color, as I remember), and what
would be a reasonable price?  He's already refused $10 (All I had with
me), but I thought that was low anyway.

Thanks,
Randy Smith
rs5o+@andrew.cmu.edu
Carnegie Mellon University

      [	This is called "Kate Bush: The Singles File" and contains
	reprints of all of Kate's British singles that came out before
	"Running Up That Hill".  (Actually, I believe "There Goes A
	Tenner" is an original, because they never sold any of those
	when it was originally released, and the "Ne T'enfuis Pas"
	bonus single I believe was originally a French release.  Off
	the top of my head, I think the boxed set contains 13
	records.)  At the time it came out, it cost about 55 US
	dollars as an import.  During 1985 someone dumped a whole lot
	of them onto the US market, and they could be found for as low
	as $20.  Sometime around this time, the boxed set went out of
	print and now it is very hard to find, and you will be lucky
	to find it for much less than $100.  -- |>oug ]