Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sugarcubes

From: "Neil B. M. Calton" <nbc@vax-d.rutherford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 88 12:31:32 gmt
Subject: Sugarcubes

>From: Greg Earle <earle@mahendo.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>
>The Sugarcubes' lead singer is named Bjork, as is easily evident from
>the current gushing over them in any random copy of Melody Maker.  Is
>it a coincidence that your `my favorite single of 1987' also happened
>to be MM's as well?

I assume this was aimed at me. The answer is yes and why should you
presume otherwise? I rarely buy MM or the other rags. Birthday was
voted record of the year by listeners of the John Peel show on Radio 1
( the only decent music show on British radio) and the video has been
heavily featured on Channel 4. There is a lot of interest in the band
over here.  The next Sugarcubes single is called Cold Sweat and has
just been released on One Little Indian records. Don't take my word or
MM's that they are great - but have a listen yourself.

Be seeing you.
   - Some chap in England.