Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: es1e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric Lee Singer)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 87 11:04:19 -0500 (EST)

Gregory J E Rawlins <rawlins@IUVAX.CS.INDIANA.EDU> writes :

> in '82 Rhoda with _The Special A.K.A._ did _The Boiler_ as an
> import single. Has she since produced an album (again on CD if
> possible). Also, i have heard that there is another English female
> singer who does similar stuff, help anyone?

	Rhoda is Rhoda Dakar from the Ska group, The Selector, I'm
almost sure.  If it's not The Selector, then it's some other popular
British Ska band.  Check out the album "Dance Craze" (a lot of great
British Ska bands).

> have _The Smiths_ or _The Dead Kennedys_ put any of their albums
> on CD?

	There are definitely Smiths albums on CD.  Mostly they are
imports, and usually with different names/songs than U.S. releases.
	Putting DK's on CD would be blasphemy.

	[ Yet it's been done.  -- |>oug ]

-Eric Singer
es1e@andrew.cmu.edu