Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Guess who's birthday?

From: nessus@ATHENA.MIT.EDU
Date: 16 Jan 88 02:18:17 GMT
Subject: Guess who's birthday?
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre, rec.music.misc, rec.music.gaffa

Today is Captain Beefheart's birthday.  [A few days ago by now. -- |>oug]

I should be posting a long and involved discography and flame as to
why he is God, etc.

But rather than that, consider this....

Making love to a vampire with a monkey on my knee.

The pond shined dry like a lady's compact. Lillies leaped like green
hearts with white hearts, squirting yellow pollen cocks. Ferns ran
like cool spades, fossils away from rocks. Bees echoed dark carbon
hums, that dashed in nothing. Gnats fucked my ears and nostrils, hit
my brain like horns, and numbed to nothing, wings stuck on liquid
bone.

Making love to a vampire with a monkey on my knee.

The moon poured hollow down my milky leg, splashed still and moved.
The wind peed down the willows and pricked the needle vine. The monkey
moved, a fur shadow, its sit-tail curled in twos. Its lips smiled
needles. Its eyes rolled loose. Her throat broke open, glistened in
the dew. Red berries dangled like a dream of rubies, too. Snot-muscles
ran down her ivory chin and tooth within. A locket, a pin held fast to
them. My love, my pocket deep within. In senses dangled the chain that
clasped me to her then. The messenger spoke the wind that blows
between our time. I sent you then, in whisper spin and flow and silver
dust around the pointed pin sent to nothing.

"God please fuck my mind for good."

Making love to a vampire with a monkey on my knee.

"Oh fuck that thing, fuck that poem."

Eyes crawl out with maggots. White cloth bones, piled up like thrown
blades. Rags in skull, scoot soil cracks. Drained.

Screams, "Please take my hand and join me."

Too soon its clutches gleans.

Making love to a vampire with a monkey on my knee.

Death be damned to life.

"Making Love to a Vampire with a Monkey on My Knee"
from "Ice Cream for Crow"