Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

LA Music Stores and LaserVideo

From: victoro@crash.cts.com (Dr. Snuggles)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 88 15:58:42 PST
Subject: LA Music Stores and LaserVideo

Well Mark T. Granger, its all your fault.  If you hadn't told me that
'The Single File' was a rare video disk.  If you hadn't told me that
_Dave's Laser Video_ was the place to shop.  If the rest of you hadn't
told me of your favorite record stores..

I wouldn't have gone shopping!  But I did.

Vinal Fetish: 7305 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA  90046
     A narrow, little store.  On display was a varity of Bushmabelia
including a picture disk for $25, a press kit for $50, a huge poster
for $40, and a signed photo collection for $750.  (These are the best
recollections of my wife and I, we bought nothing.)

Bleecker Bobs: 7663 Melrose Ave, LA
     Another small store with nothing interesting.

Aron Records: 7725 Melrose Ave, LA, (213) 653-8170
     Huge!  My wife found the classical music section interesting to
the tune of four records.  And I broke down and purcchaed the picture
interview disk for $7.49.  (Since I doubt it would be on CD).

Dave's Video - The Laser Place: 13620 Ventura Blvd - Sherman Oaks 91423
     Dave Lukas (818) 906-DISK

     This is the place for Laser Disks (and not bad for Compact
Disks).  This is the word of Mark and IED and each video place we
visited before we arrivied at Dave's Video.  (Which is also accross
the street from the original 'Dangerious Visions'
Science-Fiction/Fantasy Bookstore) I had missed two other Kate Bush
video disks that morning that were being shipped off to the East coast
but I was able to purchase 'The Single File' for $46.99.  I also
joined their mailing list and received one of their catalogs dated
January 6th, 1988.  The other Kate Bush imports listed were:
     'Kate Bush - The Single File'
     'Kate Bush - Live at Odeon'
('Kate Bush - The Whole Story' should also be available but was not listed)

    IMPORTS: Call For Prices
    Due to the extreame strength of the Japanese Yen versus the
    dollar, our import disks fo sale is limited.  For those titles we
    do not have in stock we will be more then happy to order them for
    you.  A non-refundable deposit is needed to place an order.
    Delivery takes about 8 to 12 weeks.  (Deposit is refundable if we
    do not fill the order.)

In addition to mail-ordering they also discount 10% off list on all
sales.

When they asked who told me about them I told them Mark T. Granger.

It's all his fault.

!  Victor O'Rear {hplabs!hp-sdd, akgua, sdcsvax, nosc.mil}!crash!victoro      |
|  ARPA: crash!victoro@nosc.ARPA and home: (619) 588-7423 (Sand Eigo, Ca)     |
|  "Fools, Idiots! Don't they realize that they are dealing with forces       |
|        beyond comprehension!" - "Doctor Science"                            |