Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: LA Record Stores

From: John M. Relph <Relph@BIONET-20.ARPA>
Date: Sun 17 Jan 88 00:12:12-PST
Subject: Re: LA Record Stores

>Bleecker Bobs: 7663 Melrose Ave, LA
>     Another small store with nothing interesting.

I disagree, they have a reasonable selection of rare (and very pricey)
material by not-quite-mainstream people (like Kate, XTC, Poison Girls,
etc.).  The rack of 7" singles is behind the register and you have to
ask to see that stuff, and, unfortunately, they had three or four
singles I wanted.  Ouch, my wallet was really sore after I left that
store.  I didn't buy all the ones I thought were interesting.

>Aron Records: 7725 Melrose Ave, LA, (213) 653-8170

Good used stuff, but it used to be better.  Now the mainstream CDs are
taking over the store, and the old import and single selection is much
smaller.  Oh well.
	-- John
----
John M. Relph