Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sinead O'Connor

From: JTURNER%UMASS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 88 13:54:26 EST
Subject: Sinead O'Connor

I have bought her album "The Lion and the Cobra".  It's wonderful.
Her voice is pure and the songs are solid and well-written.  She is
quite an artist.  WFNX (local trendy music station) has been playing
"Mandinka" a lot, and it's the worst cut on the album (for those of
you who have heard the song).  I definately reccommend it for those
who need an interim dose of arty UK music. (Actually she's Irish,
but...)

And no, it's not "sin-ee-ad", it's "Shih-NAYD".

-joe