Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sylvian: video(s), UK tour?

From: rosen@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Rob Rosen)
Date: 8 Jan 88 05:50:00 GMT
Subject: Sylvian: video(s), UK tour?

	Anyone in the UK (or US for that matter) seen the "Steel
Cathedrals" video?  Rumour has it that at least one video has been
released in concurrence with _Secrets from the Beehive_; any
impressions, ordering information, etc?

	Has anyone purchased _Trophies: The Lyrics of David Sylvian_?

	Tour news, reviews of _Secrets_, etc. appreciated.  I have yet
to see a review or even a casual mention of this guy in the press (but
on the other hand my view of the music press has been narrowed to the
odd impression gleaned from the S.F. Comical, _Option_, and _Music
Technology_).

	I enjoy _Secrets_ but I find it lacks the energy that Jansen
and Hassell have imparted in previous releases.  Still, it has quite a
different feel than anything else he's done; it's more mellow, less
concentrated and quite a bit more sparse.  Personally, it's the least
favourite of the Sylvian works I have.

	Rob	(soon to be rar@Sun.COM)
				Rob Rosen
	University of California, Computer Systems Support Group
ucbvax!rosen [UUCP] rosen@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU [Internet] rosen@ucbvax.BITNET
  "Time to confess, clean up the mess, step in the white, stand in the light."