Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Musik

From: relph@presto.ig.com (John M. Relph)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 87 23:00:55 PST
Subject: New Musik

I am looking for more information about a band called New Musik.  They
are English and the leader's name is Tony Mansfield (also has produced
other music).  I know of three releases:
  _Straight Lines_  (1980) 10"
  _Sanctuary_  (1981)
  _Warp_ (1982)
Two songs from _Straight Lines_ appear on a radio promo single, and
two songs from _Sanctuary_ appear on a promo album called _Back to
School_.  The songs "Living by Numbers" and "Straight Lines" were
minor Top of the Pops hits in '79 or '80.  Tony Mansfield has also
appeared on an album by Yukihiro Takahashi (from YMO).  Does anybody
know if there are any more New Musik releases?  How about other
music that Tony Mansfield has done?
	-- John
----
John M. Relph
IntelliGenetics, Inc.  700 East El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040
Internet: relph@bionet-20.arpa