Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Khristmas Thoughts

From: IED0DXM@OAC.UCLA.EDU
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 87 14:33 PST
Subject: Khristmas Thoughts

"Yule will come, and yule will go, and we'll have feasted well.
Then we must to our flails again, and Katey to her wheel."

-- Michael Denham, _Proverbs_, p. 67. (1846).

     Upon careful consideration, IED has come to the conclusion that
Kate Bush is not merely a higher form of life. Kate Bush is, after all,
God.
     Let's all rejoice in the fact that she hasn't released any music
in time for Christmas! A good sign. By this time it's likely that
she's finished the "recording" stage of the entire album (KBVI).
Now is when the real work begins! The mixing and overdubbing phase
of the creation of _The Dreaming_ took more than twelve months, and
that for _Hounds of Love_ even longer. With luck, we won't hear
the first single from the new album for another four months, and the LP
itself won't appear until fall of 1988! Isn't it great? Of course, in
the meantime (first quarter of '88) we may have "Make It Go Away" and
"Rocket Man" to keep us occupied.
     On another note, the video (PAL VHS) of the Third Ball music is now
on sale in the UK, retailing at some places for about 10 Pounds. Perhaps
Neil Calton could let us know whether the video version includes Kate's
live performance of "Let It Be", and also the closing sing-along
of "We Shall Be Released"? Much obliged, Neil.

-- Andrew Marvick