Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Peter Gabriel CDs

From: pete@tcom.stc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 87 13:21:45 EST
Subject: Re: Peter Gabriel CDs
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

} I can't recommend _The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway_, however, even
} though it's one of my favorite albums; the sound is horrible.  I
} think the master tapes on this album must have been beyond repair.
} The first disc (corresponding to sides 1 and 2 of the LP) has a loud
} hum that is audible throughout the numerous soft sections.  If
} Charisma/Virgin/Atlantic/whoever didn't at least *try* to work some
} high-tech digital remastering magic on this album, they should be
} *VERY* ashamed.

	Hmmm...

	There was hum present on the first batch of TLLDOB on vinyl
	but subsequent copies were ok.

	Sounds like the CDs were made from the *wrong* masters.

|		  Peter Kendell <pete@tcom.stc.co.uk>	        	     |
|				...{uunet!}mcvax!ukc!stc!pete		     |