Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Who is Keith Relf?

From: rutgers!moss!ihlpl!brandx@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Howard Weisberg)
Date: 17 Oct 87 16:54:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Who is Keith Relf?

> From: Rich <RMRichardson.PA@XEROX.COM>

>> Now the others I am well aware of; but if any L-Hers know who Relf
>> is and/or what he did, I would like to know.

> Keith Relf - vocals and harmonica in the Yardbirds, a mid '60's blues
> group in England.  On guitar, one E. Clapton, later replaced w/ one
> J. Beck (and J. Page on bass at times).

Let's not forget that Keith Relf (along with sister Jane and
former-Yardbird Jim McCarty) formed the group Renaissance.

They recorded a couple albums and split (in favor of the Renaissance
with Jon Camp and Annie Haslam).  The tried reforming sometime in the
70s under the name Illusion (Renaissance version 2 was still around).
Keith Relf was found electrocuted at the time they were recording the
first Illusion album (Keith was not on this album or the next).

Howard Weisberg