Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wuthering Heights and Such

From: ag@CRASH.CTS.COM (Keith Gabryelski)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 87 16:18:50 PDT
Subject: Re: Wuthering Heights and Such

From: student@atom.oz (Work Experience Student)

>  I detest songs which have very little or nothing to say-the music
>industry is riddled with non-talented capitalistic swine who just
>produce their over- done, superficial ear candy. Kate Bush, I regret
>to inform you, topples headlong into this category!
>
> Have you lot never heard music by "reform" bands? (ie, the Dead
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^          ^^^^
>Kennedys which have a message (occasionally subtle) embedded in
 ^^^^^^^^              ^^^^^^^  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>attention getting lyrics).
                   ^^^^^^

TOO DRUNK... TOO DRUNK... TOO DRUNK TOOOOOOO FUCK!

	just awesome.

>      	Hoping for your reform,
	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There *IS* music out there (not just poems put to a rythmic beat) that
holds itself up by its musical properties alone.  Kate Bush (in my
opinion) writes such music.  The fact that she can put together fantastic
lyrics (which *is* second when writing music) to match such music is an
amazing feat in itself.

If you want meaningful "lyrics" (not that there aren't any in music) you
could just as easily read poems, or philosophy books.  You might want to
try that before you flame an entire group on their tastes in music.
And, BTW, it's none of your bussiness.

>		Ian Damage
>   Co-founder Greystanes League of Satan

I thank you for your concern though.  Please, get a life.

Keith
--
ARPA: crash!ag@nosc.mil                                 INET: ag@crash.CTS.COM
            UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!ag