Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Progress report on L-H tape #5

From: Jim Jones <jones@HOPKINS-EECS-BRAVO.ARPA>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 87 23:32:59 EDT
Subject: Progress report on L-H tape #5

 If I may borrow a line from the Eurythmics song _Double Plus Good_,
 "I am authorized to say the action we are now reporting may well
 bring" L-H compilation tape #5's stay in Maryland "within measurable
 distance of its end".  That is to say, the thing is in the mail and
 on it's way to David Oskard.  My aplogies to the net for stalling the
 tape in Baltimore (a fate worse than death I can assure you).  The
 contents are currently as follows:

 --------- Contributed by Pat Waara
 Hunger Artist,  "You're the Threat"
 Minor Threat,  "In My Eyes"  from _1st Two EP's_
 Billy Bragg,  "Levi Stubbs' Tears"  from _Talking with the Taxman About
   Poetry_
 Birdsongs of the Mesozoic,  "Lost in the B-Zone"  from _Beat of the Mesozoic_

 --------- Contributed by Sue Trowbridge
 The Primatives,  "Buzz Buzz Buzz"  from 12" of the same name
 Figures on a Beach,  "No Stars"  from self-titled LP
 The Wipers,  "Someplace Else"  from _Follow Blind_

 --------- Contributed by Jim Jones
 Coil,  "Neither His nor Yours"  from _A Diamond Hidden in the Mouth of a
   Corpse_
 The Fall,  "Terry Waite Sez"  from _The ':Doomesday Pay-Off' Triad Plus!_
 Colourbox,  "Maniac"  from self-titled LP
 (*) Red Guitars,  "Marimba"  from _Slow to Fade_
 (*) Eurythmics,  "Julia"  from _1984 (For the Love of Big Brother)_

 * -- These tracks are editted

 BTW -- I don't believe Sue is reachable on the net any longer.  She has
 graduated and is no longer associated with Hopkins.  If you try to send
 e-mail and it gets bounced (or you get no response), she probably never
 received it.

 Cheers,
 -jj

 UUCP:  {ihnp4!whuxcc | seismo!umcp-cs}!jhunix!ecf_ujaj
 ARPA:  jones@hopkins-eecs-bravo.arpa
 BITNET:  L64A0110@jhuvm