Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and XTC together

From: rutgers!dspvax!savax!elrond!zinn!mem@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 87 10:08:58 edt
Subject: Re: Kate and XTC together

> Really-From: "Neil B. M. Calton" <nbc@VAX-D.RUTHERFORD.AC.UK>

> I was watching "Raiders of the Lost Ark" on TV again the other night
> and was suddenly struck by the similarity between the scene where
> the Nazis open the ark and the spectral figures appear and change
> from angelic forms to deadly furies, and Kate's Experiment IV video
> when the Kate-figure changes into the monstrous ghoul. In both films
> there is the same effects of these blueish images swirling around
> the victims whose faces fisrst show fascination and then fear.  Has
> anyone discussed this before (I was off the net for a while when the
> video was first released).

I haven't seen it discussed, but then again I don't linger on every
love-hounds word that comes into my mailbox (there are so many of them).
But.. I just saw the Experiment IV video for the first time a few weeks
ago and the plagiary from Raiders was obvious, and not a little displeasing.

While I'm here:  I keep seeing questions like, "where can I get copies
of Kate videos, legitimately or otherwise?" but I haven't noticed any
real answers outside of the mention of the Hammersmith Odeon tape and
the Whole Story tape.  So what is the answer?  Where are there copies
of the SNL appearance, Ninth Wave, and others?

-mm-