Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

White Album Fact Not Fiction.

From: jsd%UMass.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 87 14:04:01 EDT
Subject: White Album Fact Not Fiction.

From: jimk@ISCUVA.ISCS.COM (Jim Kendall)
> More on the White Album rumor-
>
> The CD in question may have been produced in Japan NOT Tiawan. (My
> "Please Please Me" CD has a sticker that says "Compact Disc Made in
> Japan").

I am looking at the White CD which is sitting in my lap.  It reads:
    STEREO
CDP 7 46443 2
    DIDX 1904
      LC 0542

MANUFACTURED BY
CAPITOL RECORDS, INC.
MADE IN U.S.A.

(C) 1968 ORIGINAL SOUND
RECORDINGS MADE BY
EMI RECORDS LTD.
(C) 1968 EMI RECORDS LTD.

I'd say that was pretty definitive evidence.  It's a good disc too.
The new "Magical Mystery Tour" CD is also quite good.  Does anybody
know anything about this mysterious "CD Pre-Mastering" process I keep
seeing printed on discs?  It seems to make the discs much higher in
quality.  The White Album is spotted with hiss, but "Magical Mystery
Tour" (which bears the inscription "Digital re-mastering by Captiol
Records 1987") is almost totally hiss-free.  Same thing for "Skylarking"
by XTC.  For the record, both my "Mystery Tour" and "Sergeant Pepper"
CDs say "Made in U.S.A." on them.

--Jon Drukman