Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Boston stores?

From: homxc!mlo@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Mark Lo)
Date: 3 Oct 87 16:31:56 GMT
Subject: Re: Boston stores?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> From: elliott@UNRVAX.UNR.EDU (Andrew Elliott)

> I am moving to the Bostons/Cambridge area in late October and know
> that several love-hounds live in the area.  Could anyone please give
> me a summary of the best places to scope out KT stuff, KT-like stuff,
> and new music at.  I am eager to take advantage of new resources.
> Please e-mail or post.  Thanks for your time!

Newbury Comics is horribly overpriced, often OVER list price!  However
they do have the largest selection of posters, T-shirts, calendars,
books, and what-not.  (Actually, now that I think about it, probably
decent for KT paraphenalia)

If you have a car, or are willing to take a long train ride, I'd
recommend RRRecords, Paige St., Lowell.  Even if you're not into the
industrial/experimental thing, which they specialize in, they have
large heavy metal and hardcore sections, plus lots of used records and
a goodly assortment of independent labels.  But the best part is that
you can get almost *any* record they have (excluding imports) for $7.
That's $1 to $2 less than most stores.

Of course, if you like major label stuff, or jazz and classical music,
there's always the Harvard Coop, smack in the middle of Harvard Square.

--M

--
Mark Lo                   (201) 615-5345
AT&T Bell Labs            {God knows what}!ihnp4!homxc!mlo