Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Throwing Muses, Providence, RI, 10/23/87

From: ci-dandelion!david.UUCP@SEISMO.CSS.GOV (David M. Watson)
Date: 8 Oct 87 19:51:53 GMT
Subject: Throwing Muses, Providence, RI, 10/23/87

[ The following will not be of interest to people outside New England. ]

Throwing Muses will be playing at The Living Room in Providence, RI,
Friday, October 23.  I wonder if it is because they will be at Metro
in Boston the previous Wednesday that The Living Room has stopped
advertising Friday's gig.  I've confirmed that the gig is definitely
on at this point, and I hate the Metro, so I'm going to Providence.  I
think at this point Throwing Muses may have too bright a future with
Sire records to be enjoyed locally for long.

Two questions:

1.  Does anyone know whether Pat Lyons' organization (who own Metro/Spit)
 have an interest in The Living Room, and if not, how they could have applied
 pressure to prevent more than a single mention in the Phoenix from several
 weeks ago of the upcoming Providence appearance?

2.  Will anyone who reads this group be at The Living Room 10/23?  Let's
 have a drink (or something) to celebrate NetSolidarity (not to mention
 KT-appreciation)!

			-D.