Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IMPORTANT NOTICE

From: Doug Alan <nessus@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 87 20:44:38 EDT
Subject: IMPORTANT NOTICE
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

I'm Sorry for the continued delay of Love-Hounds.  The past two weeks
or three weeks have not been very good to your humble pseudo-moderator
(that's me).  As you probably know, much to your probable jubilation,
but my dismay, three weeks ago my girlfriend of six months dumped me
without previous indication.  This was good for Love-Hounds because
now I had time to devote a reasonable amount of attention to it.

Unfortunately, this Monday, without previous indication, I was
notified that I am being laid off from project Athena.  Depending on
where I work in the future, I may or may not be able to continue to
run Love-Hounds.  If I cannot, I hope that someone else will volunteer
to take it over.  If I cannot continue to maintain Love-Hounds, it may
be best to have the Usenet newsgroup part of it converted to an
unmoderated group.  In this case, it may be possible for me to
continue to maintain the mailing list section of the newsgroup (which
in this case  will just be handling requests to be added and removed
from the mailing list).  In any case, because of this turn of events,
the performance of Love-Hounds will most likely continue to be spotty,
in that looking for a new job and getting up to speed in a new job
are very time consuming.  I wish things were different....