Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Boston stores?

From: elliott@UNRVAX.UNR.EDU (Andrew Elliott)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 87 23:12:44 PDT
Subject: Boston stores?

I am moving to the Bostons/Cambridge area in late October and know
that several love-hounds live in the area.  Could anyone please give
me a summary of the best places to scope out KT stuff, KT-like stuff,
and new music at.  I am eager to take advantage of new resources.
Please e-mail or post.  Thanks for your time!

Andrew Elliott
INTERNET:	elliott@tahoe.UNR.EDU
"Yes, Virginia.  Kate is God."

[ The two best places are both in Harvard Square.  Newbury Comics is
  the most comprehensive record store for imports of any sort.  It is
  not cheap, however.  Second Coming Records is much smaller, but
  carries unofficial records, and is more reasonably priced.  There
  are also several used record stores in Harvard and Kenmore squares
  very worth checking out.  One is accross the street from Newbury
  Comics in Harvard Square.  It is in a basement location, but I don't
  remember its name.  In Kendal Square, there is Nuggets and Planet
  Records.  Out in Saugus, Rockit Records is worth a trip. -- |>oug ]