Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ouf! The lines are clogged with KT postings! Bravo, |>oug! Hoi!

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 87 11:31 PDT
Subject: Ouf! The lines are clogged with KT postings! Bravo, |>oug! Hoi!

> From: greg@ufcsg.cis.ufl.edu (Greg O'Rear)
> Subject: Kate Bush video

> An English friend of mine told me that he remembers seeing Kate's
> first video on a show called "Pebble Mill At One".  The video was
> for "Wuthering Heights", and features Kate running around on the
> moors in a red dress.  This was around 1978 or so, to promote the
> single.  Has anyone ever heard of this video, and if so, where can I
> get a copy?

> Since I am new to this group, I don't know many of the non-LP songs
> that have been mentioned here other than the B-sides to the UK
> singles and 12-inch EPs.  Where do you find the unreleased studio
> tracks?  And what is this IED?

> I apologize for being such a freshman.

Nothing wrong with being a "freshman", Greg. IED is a pain in the ass,
but he does help out a lot with questions about KT. The video you're
referring to is actually not the first, but the third version
Kate did of the song. (IED is finally getting these things
straightened out, all thanks to Peter Fitzgerald-Morris's
brilliant new book.) It's not easily available, and then only
through trading with or kissing up to weirdo KT fanatics.
However, it's possible that it's part of Intergalactic Garage's
KT video compilation, which is for sale through mail order.
There is also a very funny parody of that "moors" video by
the UK comedienne Faith Brown, which Kate thought was wonderful.

As for the non-LP tracks, they're now mostly available on current
U.S.-made bootleg albums. The live stuff is out now in a number of new
LP sets, and there's a pretty new 2-LP set called _Passing Through
Air_ which offers most if not all of Kate's official b-sides, albeit
not in the highest fidelity.  It may be hard to find these
thingummies, but bootlegs usually are.

-- Andrew Marvick