Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Balls The Movie

From: "Neil B. M. Calton" <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 87 16:38:21 bst
Subject: Balls The Movie

The reviews of "The Secret Policeman's Third Ball" film in the
'quality' press at the weekend were fairly scathing. In summary, the
critics reckon that the musical interludes are quite entertaining but
that most of the comedy items are dire. Their advice is to send a
cheque to Amnesty International and stay at home. I have seen the
musical album of the SPTB and it does not contain Kate's Let it Be
(just RUTH - though I guess I should not use an adjective like just
when referring to KB). No sign of the CD (with the extra tracks) being
on sale yet.

Does anyone have any insight to a Bob Dylan compilation entitled "The
Gaslight Tapes" (does anyone remember Bob Dylan ?) which has appeared
over here as a triple album and single CD (featuring 4 sides of the
album). Tracks seem to date from the very first albums (Bob Dylan,
Freewheeling) and include a lot of unrecorded stuff. It is obviously
not an official release - my CD was pressed in Korea on the Laser
label (tough CBS) with the booklet printed in Germany. I have similar
albums which were imported from Italy. The strange thing is that,
unlike bootlegs, this album/disk is being sold openly on the shelves
of HMV (though quite cheaply e.g. 6-99 for the CD), including its
shops in Oxford Street London. Any info. (excluding Dylan = BOF) would
be of interest.

Be seeing you.