Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RAMONES RAMONES RAMONES RAMONES

From: mind!greg@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Greg Nowak)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 87 20:14:15 EDT
Subject: RAMONES RAMONES RAMONES RAMONES

[From the Love-Hounds Lost and Found.... --|>oug]

I just got off the phone talking to Monty "Ramone"; road manager for
the world famous RAMONES, and was able to announce an exclusive on
good old WPRB:

The new RAMONES drummer is named CLEMMIE!

Clem[ent] Burke, ex of Blondie, also having worked with the
Eurhythmics, is to be the new RAMONES drummer. Word is, he has the
chops and the speed.

Rumors of an upcoming permanent breakup of the RAMONES appear to be
unfounded. The new RAMONES album will be released in mid-September,
and will be called "Halfway to Sanity".

Hands Across Your Face,

greg

--