Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisKT

From: ganzer@trout.nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 87 09:22:52 PDT
Subject: MisKT

-------
>From: clancy@nusc-wpn.arpa
>       Just realized that Andrew Marvick's (Maverick ? No offense, ya know
>who i mean) took offense with  Paul Dolber's drunken, "insipid" (i think
>that was the term used) posting in regards to Kate, TWS, his family's view-
>point of Kate's music, and other philisophical mutterings.

Get your facts straight! It was Jon Drukman who was arguing with Paul.
IED (Mr. Marvick) has only been arguing with Jeff Dalton recently.:-)

>      Well i can't speak for any one else but I thought that it was a
>highly entertaining digital monologue....

I did too. But I can't understand someone who says they enjoyed The_Dreaming
then saying that "Sat in your Lap" on TWS is "Kate on reds" when TWS version
and the version on TD are identical.
Perhaps Mr. Dolber could repeat his experiment while listening
to The_Dreaming and tell us the results.:-)

>                                                       A church
>in this situation needs an iconoclast or two to break the constraints of blind
>dogma if it want's to attract new adherents.

I don't mind skeptics. They always make the discussion interesting. But us
true believers all know that those who don't accept Kate Bush as God are
going to have to listen to Madonna records for all eternity!! :-)

Well, contrary to a previous posting, Kate DID NOT perform at the "Stand
by Me" AIDS benefit concert. She DID perform at the Amnesty International
Secret Policeman's Ball. I watched the "Stand by Me" concert only to see that
it was another insipid Boy George-George Michael spectacle. Oh well...
BTW, did anyone see what performance by Kate was on the "Rockline from
London" program this last weekend? I missed it. DAMN!!

MarK T. Ganzer
Internet: ganzer@trout.nosc.mil
UUCP: {ucbvax,hplabs}!sdcsvax!nosc!ganzer
-------