Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

4ad bands ...

From: infidel%ucscl.UCSC.EDU@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (Steven L. Sheffield)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 87 18:28:43 PDT
Subject: 4ad bands ...

> From: Neil Calton <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>

> Just bought the 'Lonely as an Eyesore' compilation and it is excellent.
> Can anyone recommend any Throwing Muses, Dead Can Dance or Colourbox
> material (I'm already familiar with the Cocteaus and Mortal Coil).

I highly recommend any and everything you can get by any of those
groups ... Throwing Muses album and E.P. (Chains Unchanged) on
4AD, Colourbox album on 4AD ... Dead Can Dance ... esp. Spleen and Ideal
all on 4AD ...

of course, i also am really into Bauhaus (early stuff on 4AD) ... Tones
on Tail (Situation Two, and Beggar's Banquet) ... and (horror of horrors)
The Sinister Ducks (a single on Situation Two)

Other (in my opinion) wonderful music not on 4AD ... The Glove and
The Creatures on Polygram (members of Siouxsie during Robert
Smith's stay with the band ... TG = Steven Severin & RS, TC = Siouxsie
& Budgie) ...

Then of course, there is The Railway Children (on Factory), The
Durutti Column (on Relativity) and others ...

Face it ... I LIKE/LOVE English death/post-punk music ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield

UUCP:  ...!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscl!infidel
ARPA:  infidel@ucscl.ucsc.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
USPS:  514 Windsor St., Santa Cruz, CA 95062