Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Blowing Fuses (for Neil Calton)

From: JDTURN%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Joe Turner)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 87 16:39:44 EDT
Subject: Blowing Fuses (for Neil Calton)

Throwing Muses stuff:

LP's:
    "Throwing Muses" (4AD)  Real good shit.
    "The Fat Skier" (4AD, Sire domestically)

Singles/EPs:
    "Green" b/w "Fish" (?)
    "Chains Changed" (EP) Marvelous, better than 1st LP
    "Soap and Water" b/w (?) - just released

This is hardly complete, as I'm sure there is more than one single from
the first album.  I also understand they are now signed to Sire Records.
In fact, the new LP (as listed above) is on Sire domestically.  They haven't
sold out to the Big Nasty Record Companies, since they're still on 4AD in
Britain, and the new single sounds like every other TM song.

I've seen 'em twice live, and if you can deal with the fact that Kristin
Hirsh refuses to smile, talk to the audience, or look at anyplace other than
the back of the auditorium, they're quite good live.

-joe