Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The untimely demise of a fellow Love Hound

From: "V70NL::ROSSI" <rossi%v70nl.decnet@nusc.arpa>
Date: 5 Aug 87 10:00:00 EDT
Subject: The untimely demise of a fellow Love Hound

Few have probably noticed the the lack of communication from J. Rossi over the
past several months, for those who have it was for a good reason.  John
passed away in early June.  There were, of course, no ceremonies save for the
throwing of the body into the ocean in some symbolic gesture involving all
that the fish had given him in the past.  It has taken me a while to get to
notifying all the p[eople that John would have wanted, and since I attended
the Kate Bush birthday party last year and met many of you personally, I
thought I'd try to learn how to write a response to this digest.  John will
be missed by many, most notably our family dog.  She hasn't been the same
since.  Our son, John IV, is apparently glad that he has inherited all of
his daddy's synthesizers, computers, amplifiers, etc.  I am glad, because
I don't know how to turn them on.  You see, even writing this letter has
taken too much time because I have had to learn about 'logging on' and
'utilities', etc.  I have to go now, I must keep up my social life (start
it?) and get over all the annoyances associated with a family death.  Yes,
we will miss John and all the mess associated with his living in our house.
Again, the dog seems particulary affected.

Carol

P.S.  John did not die in an alcohol related tragedy (many loose bets on this)
------