Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT books

From: scarlett@WATDCSU.WATERLOO.EDU (B Scarlett)
Date: 22 Jul 87 13:30:11 GMT
Subject: KT books
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi there,

  I am looking for books written on the one and only Kate.  So far, I
  have seen only one publication....the secret history of K Bush and
  the strange art of pop (written by Vermel(sp) I think).  Anyone know
  of any others?  And while I'm here, how about Kate Posters?  In
  particular, I am looking for a Kick Inside poster (the Kite cover).
  In a word or two...help please.  thanks.

[ There are four books on Kate that I know of.  There is the one you
  mentioned, *The Secret History of Kate Bush and The Strange Art of
  Pop*, by Fred Vermorel.  He and his wife also wrote a scandel sheet
  several years earlier entitled, *Kate Bush: Princess of Suburbia*.
  Kate sued and it was taken off the shelves.  It is a rare
  collector's item.  There is a rather early biography by Paul Kerton
  (or something like that) entitled, *Kate Bush: An Illustrated
  Biography*.  It was written by piecing together lots of newspaper
  articles.  Finally, there is a book of photographs of Kate when she was a
  young girl by John Carder Bush.  It is entitled *Cathy* and is
  available for lots and lots of money (about 25 Pounds) from the Kate
  Bush Club.  Regarding posters, there are lots and lots.  I haven't
  seen one of the Kite cover, though I'm sure one was probably
  available at some time.  -- |>oug ]

--
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned                    B. Scarlett
Father it was either me or him,                         U. of Waterloo