Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ktrivia

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 87 13:16 PDT
Subject: Ktrivia

KT News:
^^^^^^^^

Kate's video compilation "The Whole Story" was reviewed in the
Los Angeles Times on Tuesday, July 21 by Terry Atkinson:

Like this uniquely talented Englishwoman's music, her videos
delight and astonish...but they also disappoint and puzzle.
Bush's potential as a visual artist -- she's studied dance, mime
and film -- seldom seems fulfilled in these 13 videos, which only
sporadically reflect the scope of imagination in her songs about
dreams and the fantasy/reality contradictions of romance. On the
other hand, every one of these "failures" possesses the magic
missing from almost all other pop promos. Bush's personal vision,
humor and charming weirdness bring most of these mini-films alive,
if not kicking. However, this is _not_ "the whole story": Where's
the "Suspended in Gaffa" clip? And why just run one video after
another when Bush could have linked them with some special material,
if only a few words on her work? Information: (800) 847-4164. Rating:
v/ v/ v/ {three checks out of four possible}. -- Terry Atkinson.

Now, the mail-bag:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

   >He asked if I him knew "A la Recherche Tete-Temps Perdu"
   >That's how I was introduced to Gollette, Cocteau, and Marcel Brust

Don't you mean "A la Recherche du Temps Perdu"?

      [	Perhaps, it's hard to tell whether Pamela Stephenson was
	making a pun, or whether she doesn't speak French well, or
	whether my comprehension of French is pretty mediocre.
	-- |>oug ]

By Marcel Proust?  [Yes.  -- |>]

And isn't it Colette (French early twentieth century female writer)?
[Yes, yes -- |>]

Or were these names deliberately distorted in the song?

      [	No, |>oug is just no good at spelling the names of stuffy old
	dead French authors.  -- |>oug ]

-- Andrew