Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ktrivia

From: seismo!hadron!inco!pauls (Paul Stygar)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 87 13:27:40 EDT
Subject: Re: Ktrivia

> > From: rutgers!hao!udenva!showard (Steve "Blore" Howard)
> > Subject: Re: MisK., and an updated KaTalogue
>
> > This will probably be rather embarrassing for IED, but I have to
> > point out two omissions on his "discography."
>
> Embarassed, but not terribly, Steve. Grateful to you, though. Actually,
> |>oug noticed this omission the first time IED posted the list
> a few months ago, and IED got as embarassed as he could about
> the error then; but he never got around to adding the listing.

This is not to start a "Let's embarass IED" bandwagon:

The other day, in a place far away,  there were dozens of
Kate Bush discs,  quite a few not on IED's list.
At Yesterday & Today in Rockville, Maryland:

26.	Suspended in Gaffa/Dreamtime (instrumental version).
27.	Hounds of Love/Burning Bridge  (Canada EMI).
28.	Hounds of Love/Hounds of Love (1985 DJ promotional disc).
29.	Interview Picture Disc (Limited Edition) BAK 2006.

#28 (labelled NOT FOR SALE), was $4.  The two versions were 3:01
and 3:44 (extended version),  different from the extended version
(about 3:46) on IED #20 which is credited "mixed by Del Palmer".

#29 was a 12-inch disc packaged in a clear vinyl cover, ($10 each at Y&T),
with a color picture of Kate on the a-side and another picture on the
b-side,  both with very very hazel brown eyes.

IED #15 (Running up that Hill) was present in pressings from UK, Spain,
France, Italy, Canada, Japan ... (with lyrics on the cover in Kanji
and English).

Five different Bush posters. $4-$5.

With all these Kate items,  why can I never find a Beta version
of the Whole Story video?  I've seen laser discs and lots of VHS.

Is is fair to mention the version of Wuthering Heights on Pat Benetar's
CD Crimes of Passion ... (so Bush-like I stillllllllllllll think it's KT
herself) ?

      [	Blecho!  Barf!  Ick!  No!  -- |>oug ]

Heard it at WIZ, where each Kate CD is $11.99.

I empathize with both IED and Andrew ... keeping a discography
up-to-date is out of control,  considering the way EMI issues singles
and albums in all possible permutations and combinations and nations
and versions ... any more -sions and -tions and we'll -shun.
I'm sticking to CD for now.