Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT on TV

From: Dave Hsu <root@eneevax.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 87 01:17:19 EDT
Subject: Re: KT on TV
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hah!  I'm back again.

>Really-From: Neil Calton <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>
>
>Kate Bush live at Hammersmith Odeon was shown on Central TV (the ITV company
>covering the Midlands) on saturday. That's the good news, the bad news is that
>it was broadcast at 2.55 am. Obviously, the TV company thinks all Kate fans
>are either insomniacs or owners of video recorders.

You mean it aint so?  Shoot, somebody owes me a lot of sleep.

>However, the Kate concert only merited a single line in TV Times (the
>programme listings) and no details were printed, no photos etc.
>I would probably have missed it if one of the local free papers had not
>highlighted it and printed a picture of Kate on their TV page. Clearly
>Central TV were merely filling space and not making a deliberate attempt to
>entice Kate fans or anyone seriously interested in getting to see her work.

But the price of Bushophilia *is* eternal vigilance!

And now that I've got my head screwed on straight again, and my faulty
memory of KaTemas corrected, I can now say, with authority, that there
are only twenty (20, count 'em!) days to go...

And |>oug...did you get my address corrected?  Note the new spelling of
"kaos".

-dave
--
David Hsu  vv note new address fixes vv	devoted aKolyTe
UUCP: mit-eddie!blblbl!kaos!agent99!hsu	ARPA: hsu@eneevax.umd.edu