Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Funkytown and my favorit musical GROUP

From: "Craig M. Kanarick" <kanarick@PROPHET.BBN.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 87 17:38:13 EDT
Subject: Funkytown and my favorit musical GROUP

This is my first posting to L-H, but I have been an avid reader for
about 12 months.

Just a couple of things.  First, there was recently a bit of talk about
a cover of Funkytown.  I don't know what version that person was talking
about (and unfortunately my archive of the discussion has been purged,
so I cannot go back and look), however I do know that AGITPOP had a
cover of the song on their last album (Orange cover, I forget the name)
and it is very likely that this is what is being referred to.
Oh, BTW, the original version was cut by Lipps, Inc. on an album
called Mouth to Mouth, released in 1980 and produced by Steve Greenberg,
recorded and produced in Minneapolis, MN.

Now a couple of questions for all you L-Hs, I already asked IED about this, but
I'm after more info...

    What happened to The Blue Nile?  I know about their origin and
    original purpose, but given the relative popularity of their
    album, I expected (hoped, prayed, begged..) that they would
    release another.  So far, I have managed to get remixes of
    two songs of of A Walk Across the Rooftops, and was wondering
    if those three discs are all that's out there.  Also, is
    their really a significant difference between the Linn
    and A&M vinyl pressings.  I have only once gotten a chance to
    compare, and could not hear any recognizable difference, but
    that could have easily been a function of the turntable.

-- Craig M. Kanarick    "Love is the, love is the, love is the law..."

kanarick@prophet.bbn.com
kanarick@eniac.seas.upenn.edu