Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Skinny Kate Puppies (really Hammy Odeon)

From: Yorick Phoenix <mcvax!kbsc!yorick@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: 2 Jun 87 16:29:44 GMT
Subject: Re: Skinny Kate Puppies (really Hammy Odeon)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> Also, was it my imagination or did the stage look tiny?  I always
> had the impression that the Hammersmith Odeon was a fairly large
> place...

I was there the other night watching TTT (they had a slightly interesting
group TT from the USA) and if you remember the Odeon used to be a theater
(still is really) but it's along time since any plays were performed there.

Consequently the stage is small, at a guess theater stages are small because
the bigger the stage, the bigger the backdrops and more stage sceneary and
thus the more "hand" painting that had to be done to setup a new play.

	Yorick
--
+------------------------------------------+ The Knowledge-Based Systems Center
|  yorick@kbsc.UUCP                        | 58 Northside, Clapham Common
|  ..mcvax!ukc!{idec,hrc63}!kbsc!yorick    | LONDON   SW4 9RZ   England

      [	I saw Hawkwind at the Hammersmith Odeon and it is not a huge
	place.  I think it is about the same size as the Orpheum in
	Boston and probably sits two or three thousand people.  --