Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Good Heavens, Mr. IED...

From: Jamie Andrews <andrews@cs.ubc.cdn>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 87 10:14:44 pdt
Subject: Good Heavens, Mr. IED...

     ...I had no idea there was any significance to the use of the
name "Sakamoto" in "SBMwS" (that's "She Blinded Me with Science"
for you non-Dolby fans) -- I thought it was just a campy line as
one would expect a Magnus Pyke-type character to deliver in some
mad-scientist movie.  I tried to figure out whether it was "Ms."
or "Miss", but couldn't hear properly.  However, you're probably
right, unless he was just using the name itself without wanting
to refer to anyone in particular.  (Does IED have some inside
information on this?)

     As for Thomas Dolby, he has released only the two versions
of _The Golden Age of Wireless_, and _The Flat Earth_, right?
Or am I missing some later recording?  (_TFE_ was at least three
years ago!)

--Jamie.
...!seismo!ubc-vision!ubc-cs!andrews
"Shallow water, channel and tide"