Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: bacKwards Taping and artwork mysteries

From: genrad!decvax!encore!munsell!pac (Paul Czarnecki)
Date: Fri, 29 May 87 14:26:03 EDT
Subject: Re: bacKwards Taping and artwork mysteries
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In a toy store I just saw a Playschool (probably spelt wrong) "tape
machine" which lets your little young one pop in a standard size audio
cassette and listen to a sesame street character tell a story.  The
little linoleum lizard has the option of one of four different voices
to read the story.  You must use special Playschool cassettes

Now if were to design such a tape player for Playschool I would use a
double wide head from a high speed dubbing deck that plays/records
both sides at once.  It is no coincidence that only 4 voices are
available.  I'd bet they are sideAleft, sideAright, sideBleft, and
sideBright.

If this box was implemented in this way it should give you the ability
to listen to a normal audio cassette backwards.  You would however
only be able to listen to one channel at a time.

I don't own one so I don't know if it would work, but it should be
fairly cheap and it might just work.

					pZ
--
           Paul Czarnecki -- USENET, It's not just a job, but an adventure.
	{{harvard,ll-xn}!adelie,{decvax,allegra,talcott}!encore}!munsell!pz