Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Whole Story Video premier in Dallas.

From: Dan Stewart <STEWART_SYS%uta.edu@RELAY.CS.NET>
Date: Fri, 29 May 87 09:33 CDT
Subject: The Whole Story Video premier in Dallas.

Well, I'm sorry to say that Kate didn't make the premier here in Dallas of The
Whole Story video.  There were a few other people who were also expecting her
to show, due to the Dallas Times Herald article which specifically said that
Kate would be attending.  Now I'm even more convinced than before that the
Dallas Morning News is better!

It was an interesting event still, with posters all over the walls (which were
scavenged by patrons after the video was over) and drawings for albums, 12"
discs, posters and the video tape.  Oh well, guess the IED third person
references must go on...

Another note in reference to the various stabs at the continuity theme that
Todd Rundgren incorporated into XTC's album.  Every band/musician with any
amount of creativity does a theme album at some point in their career.
What do you think the Ninth Wave is on side two of Hounds of Love???  Look
at Pink Floyd's The Wall, The Beatles Abbey Road (side two).  It's a variation
on the old record-a-track-move-on-to-the-next convention.  Besides, I doubt
that Todd held XTC at gun point and made them do it this way.  Even if it
was his idea, they surely had some creative input into it and could have
done a conventional album if they wanted.