Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Skinny Puppy

From: JDTURN%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Joe Turner)
Date: Fri, 29 May 87 00:17:28 EDT
Subject: Skinny Puppy

Hi Greg.

Look fella, I didn't say they weren't FUCKING BRILLIANT, now did I?
All I said was that the MIX was so bad that I couldn't MAKE OUT how
brilliant they actually WERE.  ALL the subtleties were LOST in the din
of a WRETCHED sonic assualt from the P.A. system, obviously manned by
a hirsute goon who goes home and listens to Mettalica at full volume.

You're right.  Edward Ka-Spel was "frightfully boring" indeed.  I
correct my earlier description:  he's like Phillip Glass meets a demonically
possessed Laurie Anderson, only five times as boring as both artists'
worst peices.

And YEAH, you should go see Skinny Puppy and stand back UNLESS you want
to be splattered with blood.  If I didn't enjoy that kind of thing, I
would have taken GREAT offense at this.  FUCK art, FUCK their "message",
some people don't like getting sprayed with fake stage blood, and it was
simply a little warning.  Let me guess, if you don't like to get completely
"into" the band's performance, then OBVIOUSLY you don't comprehend what they
are saying and aren't good enough to see 'em, right?  Sheesh.  Sometimes I
think YOU'RE more pretentious than THEY are.

Flame off,
-joe

"we've always been like worlds apart
 now you're seeing two nightmares collide"