Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: spreading the gospel to the un-Kated

From: Rob Aitken <aitken%noah.arc.cdn%ubc.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET>
Date: Wed, 27 May 87 16:21:24 EDT
Subject: Re: spreading the gospel to the un-Kated
Return-Receipt-To: Rob Aitken <aitken%noah.arc.cdn@ubc.csnet>

Before attempting to convert anyone, you should be sure that your
beliefs are strong. My wife attempted to convert a true diehard Kate
disliker (Me.  I'm sorry to admit it, it's true), and wound up being
converted to my side.  She now subscribes to my heretical viewpoint
that while Ms. Bush has a marvelous voice, her songs are essentially
thinly disguised pop. Oh no.  I've said it now! They'll all be after
me!

At least my wife no longer listens to Air Supply.

Rob Aitken
...{utai,alberta,ubc-vision}!calgary!arcsun!rob
aitken%noah.arc.cdn%ubc.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET

[ |>oug would like to say that he thinks this is a pretty ridiculous
  statement.  "Thinly disguised pop"?  Disguised to whom?  Much of her
  music is blatantly and purposely Pop.  No one is saying that it isn't
  Pop.  It isn't disguised at all.  Much of her music also does not so
  easily fall into the category "Pop".  And a great deal of her music
  contains a combination of originality, innovation, quality, and
  power, yet to be exceeded.  -- |>oug ]