Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT (what else is worth talking about?)

From: ganzer%trout@nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)
Date: Fri, 22 May 87 13:42:30 PDT
Subject: KT (what else is worth talking about?)

-------

> Really-From: marko@elrond.CalComp.COM (D. Mark Ouellette)
>
> BTW, as a Kate fan who is having a really difficult time swaying my
> wife over the finer things in Kate!  Any suggestions?  Did anyone else
> ever run up against a die-hard "Don't like Kate!" type and suc-
> cessfully sway them over?  What's your secret?  Special tactics nec-
> essary?  I feel like I'll be "Running Up That Hill" forever before
> I'll get her to appreciate Kate!
>
> P.s. No degrading remarks about my wife, she's just naive to the wonders
> of Kate! But I'm working on it!

I have a similar problem, however my wife doesn't really dislike Kate more
than she got tired of hearing her all the time. So I've become a little
more conscious in playing a variety of stuff, and then I can put some
Kate in the middle with no complaints.
Also I put speakers in my room where my computer is so she
can watch the tube while I'm listening to Kate. I also am working on it from
a different angle: numbers.  I have 2 small girls (3 yrs and 18 mos) who both
love to watch my Kate videos. My 3 year old loves to dance along with Kate.
Since then, my wife has become a little more tolerant and may be coming
around...

>... The vowel sounds sort of parallel those phonetics, but none
>of the consonants corresponds exactly with those ones. Thanks
>to Mark, IED now has his own copy of the tracks at slow, slower
>and slowest speeds, and is presently suffering from an acute case
>of brain fever. This will NOT, however, postpone the party Friday.

Actually, I will get to give Andy an even greater headache as the backwards
playing walkman is now operational and I have a great tape of the track to
pass on to him tonite. The first word is a little clearer now, and the
track now sounds to me like:"Donny knows how many men keep knockin' us,
knockin' us". But of course this is not 12 words and doesn't begin
with "Don't" and makes absolutely no sense to me.
Oh well, I'll have to start experimenting with the playback
speed now...

MarK T. Ganzer
Internet: ganzer@trout.nosc.mil
UUCP: {ucbvax,hplabs}!sdcsvax!nosc!ganzer
-------