Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKT

From: ucsbcsl!nessus!paul@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Paul Traina)
Date: 21 May 87 15:30:29 GMT
Subject: Re: KTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <847@elrond.CalComp.COM>, Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU writes:
> Really-From: marko@elrond.CalComp.COM (D. Mark Ouellette)
>
> BTW, as a Kate fan who is having a really difficult time swaying my
> wife over the finer things in Kate!  Any suggestions?  Did anyone else
> ever run up against a die-hard "Don't like Kate!" type and suc-
> cessfully sway them over?  What's your secret?  Special tactics nec-
> essary?  I feel like I'll be "Running Up That Hill" forever before
> I'll get her to appreciate Kate!
>
> P.s. No degrading remarks about my wife, she's just naive to the wonders
> of Kate! But I'm working on it!

No degrading remarks here.  The simple answer is divorce.  If she is not
a Kate lover, there may be other character flaws that you don't know about.
Cut your losses now. (ok, ok, sort of degrading... but I couldn't resist).

I would suggest playing "Breathing" "Suspended in Gaffa" and "The Man with
the Child in His Eyes" over and over and over until she becomes a fan or
her brain explodes.  Actually, these songs are (in my poor opinion) rather
palatable by non-Kate-lovers.
						Paul

(Pray with my brothers & sisters) "Kate is the one, the only one." (Say Amen!)
--
{ucbvax|cepu|sdcsvax|pyramid}!ucsbcsl!nessus!paul		    Paul Traina
paul%nessus%sbphy.ucsb@lbl.arpa			      375 Ellwood Beach Dr. #18